Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Exhausted

Over the weekend we made a trip to Arkansas to find a house, only, we didn't find one.  The seven hour drive on Saturday was draining, but not nearly as bad as the seven hour drive back home yesterday.  I had been looking forward to spending time with my mom, but things didn't go as planned.  She came down with a nasty stomach flu the day we drove up and it lasted the entire time we were there.  Being the good daughter that I am, I was making trips to see her anyway and to take her medicine, gatorade, and ginger ale.  Sunday night my stomach started to really hurt.  By Monday morning I realized I too had come down with a stomach virus.  Isn't it just my luck to be sick on a day we have to drive seven hours home?  Yes, we had too.  Brian's boss made it abundantly clear that he had to be at work Tuesday (today).  So, I took a combination of imodium and emetrol to try to settle the horrible cramps, nausea, and other symptoms I would rather not talk about.  I told Mandy how I was feeling and she called me so we could pray about it together.  We did and I felt better.  Good enough to eat at least and get to our scheduled house showing for that day.  Once we looked at a house that we were completely disappointed in, we headed back home.  Although I was not throwing up, my stomach felt terrible.  I will admit it could have been much, much worse, but either way that drive was not fun.  I was exhausted from not getting sleep the night before, and the kids made it impossible to fall asleep on the way.  The sun went down about two hours before we arrived home, just as we drove into some very heavy rain and lightening.  The rain pounded down on our van, only leaving about two feet of visibility for us.  Cloud to ground lightening surrounded the area we were driving through and it was so bright that it was blinding.  Talk about conditions that are hard on the eyes.  I prayed and stayed surprisingly calm through the storms and once they passed, I climbed in the very back of the van, curled up with a blanket, and went to sleep.  I know that's not safe, but I was desperate by that point.
I am feeling better today, but still recovering and very tired and looking forward to a good night's sleep.  As far as the house goes, I hope something pops up soon.  I know it will, but I'm still not fond of this whole waiting thing.  Good night and sweet dreams, I'm going to la la land.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you guys are moving here and that you made it home safely. :)

    ReplyDelete