Monday, July 11, 2011

Finding Simplicity

It's 6:43a.m. and I have spent the past hour browsing through friends of friends on facebook.  Carefully searching for people I may have connected with at one time or another.  There were dozens of people I knew from high school, only a few worth adding to my friend list though.  After wasting the last hour facebook stalking people, I have come to the conclusion that I need a large, floppy sun hat.  Yep, that's it.  Social networking is strange isn't it?  I love the fact that people can reconnect with long lost friends so easily.  I mean just imagine how our parents must feel.  But for all of us "young folks," it's like we never really escaped high school.  We didn't get the chance to create long lost friends. That's life I guess. In this day and age things are rapidly changing. Most of us can't keep up with all the new space age technology.  As for me, I don't care that much about all of it.  I am just going to buy my big, floppy sun hat, sit in my backyard while I read, and pretend to live in simpler times.

For those of you who don't know, this is Marilyn Monroe.  A lovely picture of her reading in the sun...

2 comments:

  1. I feel the same way:) As I am reading this blog This time of year by better than Ezra is playing. It fits lol when we were teenagers all we cared about was Summer;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christie, I look forward to reading your blogs every day. Keep it up. :) Your seven children will treasure the journey of life you are recording. The legacy of whats to come turning into what has been. Our stories of GOD shaping us into His vessels of glory. :)
    And I am certain that strangers will cruise by and be blessed by your words. Love you<3

    ReplyDelete