Thursday, July 14, 2011

Sweet Babies Always Grow Up...

I am up early today.  I have actually been up since 4:30 due to Ethan waking up screaming from a nightmare. He never would tell me what it was about, he usually never talks about his dreams.  If they are anything like mine, they are very strange indeed.  Needless to say, he refused to go back to sleep and now he is running around like a wild animal while trying to force Rufus (our poodle) to hop around and play.  I think Rufus, like me, wants to go back to sleep.  Four and a half hours just isn't enough.

However, I am determined to enjoy this day. Alex is officially seven months old, and I must get lots of pictures. How has it been this long since that miraculous day I gave birth to my sweet baby boy?  And why does each passing year seem to fly by so much more quickly than the last?
Sometimes I want to pray, Please Lord, just slow this down a little, let me enjoy this stage of our lives a little longer, I'm not ready for change.  It seems like yesterday he was merely a sleeping newborn babe, but today he is trying to pull up on his feet and stand like a man.  Of course, I know in reality if these fleeting, wondrous moments that we cherish so much lasted any longer, we would not know to appreciate them the way only we can as mothers.
I am so thankful that our Father has helped me realize that this time I have with these precious gifts he has given me is short.  Sometimes we get so caught up in day to day frustrations that we forget to stop, breathe, laugh, and love.
If you are mom reading this today, take some time out to really treasure this time you have with your wee ones.  Today will be gone tomorrow.  




2 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting this. I woke up to a day I reserved on Monday for laundry with dread and only thinking of how to occupy my children, not enjoy. I'm shifted back to what's important. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww I know how you feel...I have been feeling this way with both of my children. Sophie is just too big and Peyton where do I start....I can't believe he is going to a year old in just a few weeks. His first year has just gone too fast. All I know is that I need to enjoy both of them as much as possible and take more pictures:)

    ReplyDelete