Sunday, July 10, 2011

Someday...

So, this one time at band camp.....just kidding.  I know, that was so 1999.  Anyway, I love farms.
The other day Mandy and I took the kids to hang out with some farm animals at Oak Mountain State Park.  I take my kids there a lot, it's cheap entertainment and really close to my house.  We love the outdoors and all the little farm animals running around in the barnyard.  But this time, it was the first time either of us had ever seen a male peacock with his tail feathers fully extended.  They are such beautiful birds.  I want one, in fact I want a farm.  Oh how I long to move out into the country somewhere with lots of land and fruit trees.  A few goats running around, some chickens for fresh organic eggs, a big fluffy collie (I used to own one and they are the best dogs ever), a little pond stocked with catfish and a couple swans, and of course a peacock running around.  Maybe a male and a female.   I could grow a big garden full of peppers, tomatoes, carrots, and potatoes.  We could live in a an old, completely restored plantation style home.  It would be painted white and yellow, and have a giant wrap-around porch with rocking chairs.  And I can't forget the white picket fence to go around the front. I could have a room dedicated to homeschooling my seven children, (yes, I know I only have three at the moment, but who knows what the future holds).
Ah yes, that's the stuff dreams are made of.  One day...  But until then, I am going to enjoy my home, it may not be huge, or on a farm, but it gets the job done, and I love it just the same.





1 comment:

  1. Dream big sis! It's our Father's good pleasure to bless His daughters!

    ReplyDelete