Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Parent or Child...Which one am I again?

My coffee is strong this morning. I can't complain, I needed it to be stronger yesterday.  The baby spiked his first fever and it was not fun for either of us.  If today is going to be anything like yesterday, it will be loooong.  My older two made a mockery out of my home, due to me being preoccupied with a sick baby.  I am really going to have to stand my ground with them today.  Maybe I can get them to clean the house while I lay around and watch t.v.  I know, I will tell them it's opposites day, and I get to be the kid!  Think it will work?  I mean I obviously look young enough to play that role.  A man, probably around my age or younger, knocked on my front door yesterday.  When I answered, he asked, "Can I speak to your mom or dad?".   When I looked at him in complete surprise and said, "You're kidding, right?!", he seemed to be quite embarrassed.  He was wanting to make some extra cash by mowing the lawn.  Well, imagine his surprise when I told him that it's my husband's job, and that not only am I an adult, but a married one at that!  I made sure to tell him my age before he walked off.  He was so embarrassed by that point that all he could mutter was, "Good Luck."  Why do I need luck?  I must already have it if I look 10 years younger than what I am!  It was funny, but I kind of felt bad for him afterward.  I can't imagine being in his shoes, although most women would be flattered I'm sure.  I was simply shocked.  So, Cheers to looking 15!

This picture has nothing to do with the post today, but it sure is funny.  My three year old freaking out over an emu.....

No comments:

Post a Comment