Monday, June 27, 2011

Are we there yet?

Ah yes, that very annoying phrase was repeated over and over again yesterday, as we drove up to Huntsville, AL.  We decided last minute that it would be a fabulous idea to drive two hours to visit Harmony Park Safari.  We also didn't think to check the weather up there before we went.  There's nothing like being on the interstate driving when the wind is blowing so hard you think it might tip your van over.  Or like watching the dark clouds swirl around above your head.  I said a prayer though, and even though it rained a while, nothing more happened.  The safari was a lot of fun, in a strange kind of way.  We had all kinds of animals sticking their heads through the windows to get the bucket of food we bought before we entered the park.   I wasn't too crazy about the emus though.  My husband found it hilarious to roll down my window and then lock it so that I could not escape those crazy birds.  I didn't find it funny at the time.  I very much enjoyed all of the other animals though, and the kids did too.  My three year old drove us through the park as she sat on her daddy's lap.  She loved all of the ponies of course, but my favorite had to be the zebra!  His stripes were so pretty and he was really friendly.  My six year old son said he didn't have a favorite, but he did name every deer we fed Bambi.  All in all we had a really good time.  And even though the inside of our van is now covered in farm animal food, and the outside in mud, I would say it was worth it.  The best part was on the way home though, when we were in stand still traffic for over an hour.  Yes, I do mean stand still.  We had the car in park for so long that I was able to change and feed the baby, and pee in a cup.  Yes, I did have to go that bad.  We finally made it home by about 9pm last night and went straight to bed.
So, now it's Monday, and I have a very busy week ahead of me trying to get my house as clean as possible by Friday.  The in-laws will be here, but not the dreaded kind, they are the very welcomed kind!
In fact, I can't wait!


No comments:

Post a Comment