Thursday, September 8, 2011

A Life without Jesus, Is like peanut butter without milk....

It may taste good, but you will only be left thirsty.
I thought of this cute, but very true analogy this afternoon as I was making my kids peanut butter cookies for an after-school snack.  I was chowing down on the cookie dough alone in the kitchen as I usually do, only to open the fridge and realize that we are out of milk.  Uh, can we say freak the freak out?  I had to make due with some water.  And as Mandy pointed out to me, peanut butter can even be dangerous without something to drink.  Much like a life without knowing Jesus.  So, why do so many people reject him?  Why do so many of my friends act awkward if I bring anything God related up in conversation?  Why do so many Christians treat spending time with Him as a chore?  I have been guilty of the latter two.  It is because satan wants us to feel that way.  He loves the way people squirm when God is mentioned.  He is just fine with organized religion.  And the thought of somebody rejecting our Savior, well that's just one more soul for him to destroy. 
I love life on this earth, but it is so much better with Jesus.  What do we have to lose, satan's approval?  That's fine with me.  You don't have to give up your life to be a Christian, you just have to include Jesus.  He wants to be there for you, sharing every memory and unimaginable moment with you! 
You wouldn't eat peanut butter with out milk, or water for those who are lactose intolerant.  So, open up your hearts and take a drink of God!

1 comment:

  1. Profound and full of living water! InSpiritational. :D
    I love the question you ask...it really sums it up...because those who are not spreading the good news our of fear are choosing the world instead of the Word and that, sis, is satan's plan...it is why he has placed so many thought-lies into man's heart to twist scripture...the fear of the unknown, the fear of change. If only man would realize Jesus shed His blood so that we might live with Him NOW. Colossians 1:27 The mystery of the ages is here for us because of Jesus, and He is the only way to eternal life. The fear of the Lord God is the beginning of wisdom, if only they would ask the questions...it is not blind allegiance...it is open Spirit eyes, ears, and hearts following the King of Glory!

    ReplyDelete