Thursday, August 18, 2011

Ready to be still for a minute...

It's been an exhausting week.  After what ended up being a nine hour drive with some crazy stops, we made it to our new home in Arkansas last Thursday.  By crazy stops, I really only mean one crazy stop for coffee at a country gas station.  We stopped only to realize Alex had pooped all over himself, literally all over.  It was on his head.  And after two bees and a rambunctious labrador puppy tried to hitch a ride with us, were finally able to get back on the road.  I don't want to make a drive like that again anytime soon. 

Ethan started school Monday.  I can't say that he loves it, but he's adjusting okay.  I like the staff, they are all sweet, Christian women.  I have to say that it hasn't been easy on me either.  I miss my boy like crazy.  And even though I am enjoying the extra time I am able to spend with Adelyn and Alex, I feel like I haven't spent any quality time with Ethan this week.  I suppose this new schedule will take some getting used to.  I will give it a year and see where we stand from there. 

We have been in a semi-empty house all week.  Brian is in Alabama today to oversee the movers pack up the rest of our things.  I can't wait to have all of our stuff delivered.  To finally just be settled for a minute. That's only about how long things last in this world before something changes.  I am not complaining.  I know how very blessed I am.  I am so Thankful for the changing seasons of my life. 
Just imagine how boring life would be if everything always stayed the same...

2 comments: