Sunday, December 18, 2011

The Lesser of Two Evils

Wow, one week until Christmas and I still don't have all of my shopping done.  It seems like I have been busier this year than the last...well...ever.  I guess that's how life gets though.  The older we are, the busier we get.  Especially when you have three kids.  I am so happy though.  I am so Thankful that God has blessed me with these kids.  I just want to protect them with my life from this crazy world.
I recently had a conversation with my mom about the twilight movies and Bella's choice of Edward. We finally saw Breaking Dawn, which was a bit cheesy, but I enjoyed the experience.  Anyway, we somehow got on the topic of vampires being evil. My mom feels that Bella should have chosen Jacob due to his uh heartbeat.  Maybe that's true, but I didn't write the books.  I do know that vampires are not of God's creation, but I don't think the Native American Tribes in the story were exactly Christian.  If so, I missed that part.  I found myself asking if God would create humans to "shape shift" the way they do.  And while I haven't researched it in the Bible, since I don't care to waste any amount of time trying to prove whether or not every character in Twilight is good or bad, I can't help but think that it's all kind of evil.  On both sides.  Now, I know it's just a story, and I have read all of the books and watched all of the movies, but if we are speaking in real-life terms here, I am certain that I would not want to be involved with either of those fellows.  Now, I attempted to explain my reasoning to my mom, to which she replied,
 "the lesser of two evils."
I have heard that saying many, many times in my life without giving it a second thought.  Even agreeing with it at points, but when I heard it the other night there was not one part of my body, soul, or mind that agreed with those words.  Evil is evil and satan is evil and God is good.
Evil has no place in any of our lives, or at least it shouldn't.
This is the kind of thinking that our world is in though.  Choose the lesser of two evils.
Why?  Why should we have to choose evil at all?  We don't. We don't.  So many believe this to be true and acceptable and it sickens me.  We don't have to choose evil at all people.  We can choose God.  We can choose Jesus Christ.  We can choose the opposite of evil.
 That is all I have to say for today.  I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas.
 God Bless Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment