Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Jack the bearded dragon lives by the sand, he lays in the hot, hot sun and eats bugs throughout the land....

I don't know what it is about rainy days that make me want to write on this blog, but here I am.  I have all three of my munchkins home today.  Ethan is skipping a field trip to the pumpkin patch in some nasty weather.  I have decided to let him skip all the field trips this year.  He is doing so well with his first year in public school, that I am not going to mess it all up by forcing him to go on trips that he has no desire to attend.  I had hoped that we would sleep in, but the boys need no alarm clock.  They are always up and ready to go at the crack of dawn.  I'm not sure why I thought this morning would be any different.  Normally, I don't mind waking up early, but I am still tired from a long weekend with our family.  We had a lot of fun though and it was worth it.  We also adopted a new pet.  His name is Jack and he is the most adorable baby bearded dragon I have ever met.  He is tiny right now and incredibly fun to watch.  Feeding him is the best part, if you like gross stuff like me.  He eats live crickets, but since he is so tiny right now, I have to break the back legs off of the crickets so they can't hop away.  As soon as Jack sees the little bugs running for their lives, he takes off and gobbles them up in one, swift bite.  Seriously, cutest thing ever. 
Anyway, I think I might take the kids to Hastings to pick out some new books and maybe drink some hot cocoa.  It's a perfect day for hot cocoa. 

1 comment:

  1. Jack is so adorable! He makes me want to burst out in song. :)
    It is a beautiful windy, rainy day isn't it. :)

    ReplyDelete